Friday, October 26, 2012

FFwD - Chicken Tagine with Sweet Potatoes and Prunes and Soup Catch Up

B having breakfast with GiGi and Thunder:)

I know that's not a picture of Chicken Tagine or Spur of the Moment Soup but I can't resist the impulse to tell you why I missed last week's post.  He was at my house:)  Having our grandson spend a week with us without his parents was heavenly!  For us at least, not so much for his Mom and Dad.

B stayed at Camp GiGi Thunder (I'm GiGi, Gary's Thunder......I know, I know its weird but there's a story) while his parents settled into their new home.  A chance to know B more intimately was not just rewarding it filled our hearts to near bursting.  Being grandparents IS as wonderful as people say!!!  The problem is we miss him so much now.  We are going through serious baby withdrawal pain.
Chicken Tagine with Sweet Potatoes and Prunes

The Chicken Tagine.  It was wonderful.  The chicken was moist and tender.  The prunes and onions almost melt in your mouth.  Sweet potatoes are always a hit with us.  I served it with rice because that's what I had but I would love to try it with couscous.  I might not make the recipe as is often but I will use the technique often.
Spur of the Moment Vegetable Soup
And last week's Spur of the Moment Soup - Loved it too!  I used carrots and potatoes, once again its what I had and it was quick and easy and delicious!  October has been a great month of Dorie recipes!

Visit the French Friday website to see what everyone else did with the recipe.  Now we're on to November's recipes and it looks like another great line up.  Happy Halloween everyone:)

9 comments:

  1. I think your time was very well spent last week - what a sweetie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandson is darling! I can see why you miss him!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so much cuter than any food pic! How fun for you too spend alone time with him. Chicken Tagine sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have been spoiled with all these great recipes in October! Your grandson is a total cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute B is. No wonder you're having withdrawal. Nice job with the tagine and soup. I think I'll make that soup again tomorrow now that I think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can imagine your wonderful week getting to know your adorable grandson! Both your dishes look delectable; I love the egg in the soup! Have a great weekend Guyla!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute picture of your grandson! Nice to read that you enjoyed the Chicken Tagine so much, it looks lovely and your Spur-of-the-Moment Vegetable Soup looks wonderful and colorful too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to the tribe - all of us, once we're called grandparents, seem to go a little wacky about these kids. I can see why you've gone over the edge - he is just darling. I love those little chubby fingers, Guyla. When my two little girls (granddaughters) would leave our house after visiting us, I couldn't bear to clean their finger and hand marks off the windows and mirrors. So I just Windexed around them for a week or so. Yes, I thought both the Tagine and Soup were delicious and recipes that I will make again this winter. Thank you for sharing that darling picture with us. I'd love to know the Gigi and Thunder story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw..I bet you miss your grandson. He is adorable! Both of your dishes look wonderful and I am glad that you enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete