Friday, July 13, 2012

FFwD - Blueberry-Mascarpone Roulade

Blueberry-Mascarpone Roulade

This is a perfect summer dessert!  Its light, not overly sweet.  You could use any summer fruit.  And the cake bakes in under 12 minutes so you don't run the oven too long, heating up the kitchen.  Bake the cake in the morning.  Prepare the berries and refrigerate them.  Make the filling in the afternoon, assemble the cake, let it chill for a few hours and you have a fantastic dessert that looks and tastes like you worked on it for hours.....and you did...but most of those hours were spent with a book, the components cooling and chilling and setting.

Our French Friday website is unmoderated lately but hopefully we'll be back on line soon! Go to Facebook to see what the other cooks thought!

Happy Friday the 13th:)  Be careful!

Our home away from home!
Do you think I can keep up with French Fridays in a travel trailer using a toaster oven and no fancy pans or equipment?  We'll see and I look forward to the challenge.  We just bought a 27 foot Slingshot and plan to give it a test run next week.  This has been a dream of ours for several years and we've begun making it a reality.  The lure of the open road and all that.......

12 comments:

  1. I am sure you can!!! and please share the experience and the pictures!!! Good luck in your adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, FF on the go... Whee!
    I don't have Facebook, so I guess I am missing out on all the FFwD happenings :-( I am still here though.
    Your roulade is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely looking cake, but I think I'm most looking forward to hearing about your adventures cooking on the road!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree wholeheartedly, this cake is a perfect summer dessert and we loved it too! Your Blueberry-Mascarpone Roulade looks just wonderful!

    Wishing you tons of fantastic adventures "on the road"!!!

    Do not have facebook either, but might change that...

    Have a wonderful weekend and a safe Friday the 13th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely! I haven't done any Friday Dorie recipes in quite some time, but I think I'm going to try this one this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guyla - thanks for visiting my other blog, but I guess I should have been signed in with my more recent profile. (http://thefrillyapron.com). I'll be sure to check back in here to visit again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guyla, Sounds like a wonderful adventure awaits you! Your roulade looks amazing! I agree not as difficult as people think! Cake rolls do look impressive though! Yours looks perfectly beautiful! Enjoy your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to hear about your adventures on the road! I bet you'll be able to make a number of Dorie's dishes :) So glad you enjoyed this roulade, too! So pretty~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your roulade is perfect! I can't wait to hear about your upcoming cooking and travels.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Guyla, this is an entire new chapter in FFWD Postings. I am anxious to hear of your adventures so I hope you will share those that even do not relate to cooking. Your roulade looks delicious and I agree, it was not as difficult as I had anticipated. So many ways to go with this festive dessert. Good luck on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree, this is the perfect summer dessert and yours looks beautiful! How exciting to hit the road! We've been toying with the idea of getting a RV so let us know ow it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your roulade is beautiful. I'm looking forward to hearing about where you go on the road!

    ReplyDelete