Monday, September 19, 2011

FFwD - Creamy, Cheesy, Garlicky Rice with Spinach

I'm trying to catch up on my French Friday posts.  I have reasons for my procrastination, good reasons!
One of my good reason:)


This week's recipe is what I call a short cut risotto.  I have a friend who works in a restaurant and told me about this technique.  You parboil the rice in chicken stock and then finish it as you would traditionally  by adding stock a ladle full at a time as the rice absorbs it.  That's why if you order risotto in a restaurant you can be served in under 45 minutes!

This is fast and easy, especially if you cook the spinach in advance.  I doubled the garlic and added crushed red pepper flakes.  Next time I will halve the cheese but we really, really liked this!  I'm sure I'll make it again and again!



Don't forget to stop by the French Friday website to see what the other FFwD cooks did this week!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful baby...Must be your new grandbaby! A very good reason! Your rice looks so creamy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have a very good reason :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of adding some red pepper flakes.

    ReplyDelete